Celebrate the coming new year by participating in these 15 resolutions that are sure to make 2017 one for the books.
Many resolve to earn more money, start a new relationship or family, or check items off their bucket list like sky diving. However if you have a disability, you may also have other things that are important to you to achieve this coming year. Imagine the possibilities for the road ahead and being able to empower the lives around you! This is a brand new year to be the best you have ever been. So here are some resolutions for 2017 you may want to consider.
- Join an adaptive sports league. Just because you have a disability does not mean you have an excuse not to be active.
- Share your story by submitting a guest post to a disability awareness group. Want to be interviewed on the My Identity Doctor Blog? E-mail Kerri.
- Join the social media discussion surrounding your disability.
- Mentor someone younger with a similar disability.
- Thank a caregiver.
- Improve your disability technology: Upgrade a wheelchair, buy a more accessible van or invest in a new brace.
- Update your medical ID bracelet or necklace.
- Contact your local legislator to improve your city’s accessibility.
- Educate coworkers on how they can respectfully discuss disabilities.
- Send a thank you note to your doctors.
- Share your daily tips and tricks online.
- Volunteer to help newly disabled individuals reclaim their independence.
- Take a vacation.
- Stop saying no. If there is something you really want or need to do, there is a way.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Savor time with friends and family.
Imagine the culmination of a year chock full of these resolutions! How amazing would life be? What might you accomplish and whose life could you impact? An incredible year is simply the result of repeated attempts to imagine possibilities within every moment life throws your way. Make 2017 one for the books.