This Italian dish is any time great snack for all. Basil and tomatoes no doubt add slight flavor and texture to this easy-to-make snack. You can make this to satisfy your morning or mid-evening hunger pangs. It is one of the healthy recipes for Diabetic people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes 20 pieces
5 Wheat Bread Slices
2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
For the topping (approx. makes 1 cup)
5 medium sized tomatoes
1 tbsp basil leaves chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and black pepper powder to taste
For the topping
1. Slice the tomato in half alongside and remove all seeds and pulp.
2. Chop the tomatoes finely, also add other ingredients and stir well.
3. Keep it aside for minimum 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Separate out the liquid and keep aside
How to proceed
- Apply olive oil and garlic on each bread slice, cut the slices diagonally into half and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 3 to 4 minutes unless they are lightly toasted.
- Garnish each piece with 1½ tablespoons of the topping and serve immediately.